What’s the difference between CREW Network and CREW New York membership?
CREW New York is an affiliate organization of CREW Network. Therefore, a member of CREW New York is also a member of CREW Network. This global Network is comprised of 75+ affiliate organizations with a total membership of more than 11,000 CRE professionals.
While the overall purpose and goals of CREW New York reflect those of CREW Network, CREW New York has its own unique structure allowing it to meet the needs of commercial real estate women seeking to make their mark in the extraordinary, highly-competitive and swiftly-changing New York City marketplace.
CREW New York determines its own dues, programs and member activities.
What are the requirements to join?
CREW New York membership candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Actively engaged in the real estate industry.
- Attend one CREW New York event before submitting an application for membership.
- Provide the names of two CREW New York members to serve as sponsors before submitting an application for membership.
- Pay membership dues upon receipt of the Notice of Acceptance and an invoice.
How much does membership cost?
- Premier: $680 – individuals currently employed in and who have five (5) or more years’ experience working in a qfcre. Membership includes 6 monthly luncheons, plus the June Members Only luncheon.
- Basic: $480 – individuals currently employed in and who have five (5) or more years’ experience working in a qfcre. Membership includes the June Members Only luncheon. Attendance at the monthly luncheons can be purchased a la carte.
- Associate: $480 – individuals currently employed in and who have less than five (5) years’ experience in a qfcre. Membership includes 6 monthly luncheons, plus the June Members Only luncheon.
- Affiliate: $1,680 – individuals currently employed in and who have 5+ years' of experience in a field related to CRE, which benefits, supports or supplies a service or product to CRE professional.
- Graduate Student: $210 – individuals currently enrolled full time as a student pursuing a post graduate degree in the commercial real estate field. Membership includes 6 monthly luncheons, plus the June Members Only luncheon.
- Undergraduate Student: $105 – individuals currently enrolled full time as a student pursuing an undergraduate degree in the commercial real estate field. Membership includes 6 monthly luncheons, plus the June Members Only luncheon.
What are the benefits of membership?
- Six monthly luncheons featuring top industry speakers and networking with a broad spectrum of real estate professionals
- Intimate members only monthly networking opportunities that meet for coffee, cocktails or dinner
- Reduced pricing for networking receptions, skill and knowledge-building seminars, guided tours of topical venues and hot new developments, and the CREW NY Leading Ladies Seminars, which offer the opportunity to meet with a prominent industry leader in conversational setting
- Our members receive discount registration to select industry events and programs
- Opportunities to make a difference in the community
- Access to CREWbiz, an online business networking tool, membership directory, speakers’ directory and personal marketing profile. Your profile on CREWbiz can be used to promote your skills and expertise to our member base of more than 11,000 professionals globally.
- Discounted registration to CREW Network events (which have a total attendance of nearly 2,000 CRE professionals)
- Access to programs and leadership trainings, including the CREW Network Leadership Certificate
How often do you meet? What’s the time commitment for membership?
CREW New York holds 6 luncheons annually, in addition to a Members Only Luncheon and various seminars, tours, cocktail receptions and CREW Connections (for members only) coffees, cocktails and dine-arounds each month. What and how often you attend is up to you, but the greater the participation, the greater the return on your investment.
We encourage members to get involved on a committee to enhance their leadership and other skills, as well as develop personal and professional relationships. Committee participation varies, but each committee usually has a one-hour meeting or conference call once a month.
What is the application process?
You must attend one CREW New York event and provide the names of two CREW New York members to serve as sponsors on the application.
Applications are reviewed and voted upon by CREW New York leadership.