The CREW New York Foundation Committee is the philanthropic arm of CREW New York and is responsible for developing the chapter’s charitable, philanthropic, educational, scholarship and community outreach programs. As part of our founding principles developed nearly 40 years ago, the Foundation Committee makes a difference in the greater community through scholarships, mentoring, and community service consistent with the mission of CREW New York and CREW Network Foundation.
- Annual Collection for Bottomless Closet. Now in its 8th year, the Foundation collects formal and casual business attire, shoes and accessories for Bottomless Closet which supports economically disadvantaged women with the goal of self sufficiency through a return to the workplace.
- WIN Secret Santa Collection. Now in its 14th year, CREW New York members serve as Secret Santas for children in WIN (Women In Need) residences, buying and wrapping wished-for holiday gifts for well over 200 children annually who would otherwise have nothing.
- Habitat for Humanity. The newest initiative of the Foundation is fundraising and building support to Habitat for Humanity which transforms lives by building quality housing for families in need in support of affordable housing.
- Scholarships for Deserving Students. The Foundation has distributed nearly $300,000 in scholarships to students of real estate and related urban studies programs at New York University, Columbia University and Baruch College/CUNY. In 2008, a significant new scholarship was established in honor of the founder and first president of the Association of Real Estate Women (a CREW New York predecessor organization). The Merle Gross-Ginsburg scholarship is awarded annually to students enrolled in the NYC Schack Institute of Real Estate Master of Science program.
- WIN Summer Reading Program. The Foundation holds an annual Summer Reading Program for children in the Jennie A. Clark WIN (Women In Need) residence on East 100th Street. Volunteers read to and with residence children for an hour each week for six weeks. The goal of the program is to add to the children’s knowledge, as well as help to combat summer learning loss, a significant issue, particularly for lower income children.
All donations are payable to “CREW Network Foundation”, a 501(c)(3) organization (tax ID: 48-1201724), as unrestricted funds, to be held for the benefit of CREW New York’s charitable, philanthropic, scholarship and related endeavors.
Goals of the Foundation Committee:
- Support and execute CREW New York programs which advance the missions of CREW Network and its Foundation.
- Execute a CREW New York scholarship program which supports the careers of women in commercial real estate.
- Bring more women into commercial real estate by creating programs which educate women and girls about the career opportunities available to them, and develop mentoring relationships with those new to, or advancing in, the commercial real estate industry.
- Provide opportunities for CREW New York members to build their individual brands, reputations and visibility in the community through community service, thereby influencing the success of women in commercial real estate.
Committee members meet monthly and subcommittees coordinate via telephone and e-mail. For more information please contact Chair Katherine DeMercurio: email@example.com or Vice Chair Wendy Rossi: firstname.lastname@example.org
CREW Network Foundation
CREW Network Foundation, the philanthropic arm of CREW Network, is the only charitable foundation solely dedicated to advancing women in the commercial real estate industry. CREW Network Foundation is committed to bringing more women into commercial real estate by offering programs like CREW Careers and UCREW that educate women and girls about the career opportunities in the industry; supporting CRE higher education and training through college scholarships and internships; and providing mentorships to those new to the industry.