How Many Years a CREWNY Member:
Four Years, I’m currently the membership committee chair.
Tell us about an accomplishment you are proud of:
I started giving haircuts to my husband and son since the beginning of the pandemic, and now my husband sees no point in going back to his barbershop.
I am proud of series of small milestones that led to who I am today:
What have you learned about yourself over the past year?
- Leaving my homeland at the age of 17;
- Living in different counties (three continents) by myself;
- Studying in different environments;
- Finding my dream job and growing in the industry and the firm I one day wished to be part of;
- Starting my own family and raising my son away from my parents, of course, I couldn’t have done all of these without my parents and husband’s support, my supervisors’ mentorship, working hard, having big dreams — and also being lucky.
What advice would you give your younger self?
- Focus on what you can control, not what you can’t.
- Be kind to yourself. You can only do so much.
- Be thankful for what you have.
- Be grateful for technology, family, colleagues, and community.
- Subscribe to interesting channels on YouTube. I found YouTube instructional videos on anything you can think of, from new recipes to how to sleep-train my son.
- Keep experiencing.
- Don’t give up.
- Be determined.
- Have big dreams.
- Learn from your mistakes.
- Live in the moment.